Monday, May 4, 2009

March 7,2009

The day my life changed...

really, it was my first substitute teacher position.

to say i was scared... how about frozen w/fear???

but i just stepped out and God caught me...

my first job was the big dreaded HIGH SCHOOL... the bad one... in our district... gangs,,,drugs.kids bigger than me

I was simply AMAZED!!! I LOVED IT!!! being in that atmosphere... talking to the students. I love them.

it's weird, you see all of these scary looking kids while waiting in the car line and I thought.. "no way could I be a sub...or a high school teacher..".

in the classroom...it's different. I see them as individuals ... not scary

compassion,passion, joy... excitement!!!!

so, i am pursuing teaching in high school... social studies. i start my classes in 2 weeks.

I am so glad that nursing didn't work out. am i flaky???

sort-of,

I know. lol

0 comments: