Tuesday, June 8, 2010

News

So, Six months later and a few life changes- my son graduated high school (wow! i am old!!! ) that is 2 children down 4 more to go.

I am still substitute teaching and I love it! I found that I really like special ed. i especially enjoy autistic kids! So, I am enrolled to start USC this fall-going for a MAT in special ed-severe and multiple.

So, I HAVE to tell you how this came about... sort of the very short blog version. I knew I wanted to go into special ed-thought that learning disabled would be my field. I had always wondered about working with autistic children. So, one night I just kind of prayed for a job subbing in an autism classroom. The very next day I had one and then again that Friday. TWO jobs in one week. i loved it!!! The children just got into my heart and they are there to stay.

I just applied for a teacher's assistant position in an autism preschool classroom. So, we will see. Not sure about working now-with taking 4 masters level courses starting in August. One thing I have learned over the past year and a half is to take one step at a time.

Take care!

0 comments: