Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Barlow Girl

Lindsey and I went to see Barlow Girl this Friday night. I was just going for her but I was the one who, I think got the most out of it. These women are the real deal. They are not just singing about God to make money and writing formula songs to be popular on Christian radio. They talked waiting when it seems like God is never going to answer and how that time causes us to set our roots down further so we will be stronger. They talked about not giving up and going for "the more." This spoke right to my heart. It is so hard to wait- to trust-. I want to do the opposite. I want to yell"WHERE ARE YOU and WHY HAVE YOU ALLOWED THIS TO GO ON FOR SO LONG?????"
Maybe healing is a process...maybe somethings in me needs to be fixed before God will change the things that hurt so bad. or give me the courage to instigate the removal of those things. hmm...
I bought a new Bible Study on Monday-"Breaking Free" Excited about doing it. I am doing it by myself. I have the cds. i am loving it. I will stick with it.

0 comments: