Friday, September 19, 2008

He has rescued me with His strong right hand...sing alleluia

Those are the lyrics to one of my favorite songs by Roy Fields!

It is so true in my life. Today while I was at the gym, I watched "I Lost It." Great show on how people lost an extreme amount of weight. I felt like crying for them. both ladies talked about the freedom that they feel now. I can say..

So do I!!!!

A couple of years ago... 10 years ago actually... God showed my this passage in Isaiah 43:

"Fear not, For I am with you. I have summoned you by name, you are MINE (i just love that)

WHEN you pass through the waters , I will be with you...they will not sweep over you.
WHEN you walk through the fire... you will not be burned..."

That does not sound like fun... and it isn't

Water= anorexia & binging

Fire= the "stuff" that causes be to binge and starve myself

fear of rejection...past hurts...

BUT

God is with me... because:

" He is the Lord my God...
since you,(me) are precious and honored in His sight...

AND

because He loves us" Is43 1-4

those verses makes my eyes well up with tears almost every time...

they have been burned into my heart.

7 comments:

Praise and Coffee said...

Beautiful! I wondered where you went!

Natalie said...

Thanks for stopping by, Sue!

Amrita said...

Oh yes God has pulled me out of the mirey clay and still does when i get stuck.

This is my song of praise too.

Natalie said...

amrita

can't wait to go and worship today!

Gigi said...

Love the way you broke this down...

gina said...

i used to think the words to that were " for the Lord our God is a drug on high"... hahah its enthroned, now that i know.

he IS a drug on high though. addictive and more fun than cocaine.. omg... Jesus and i are tight like that : )

Natalie said...

gina,
ROFL!!!!!